How We Handle Money
Just as each member of First Baptist strives to be a good steward of the resources God has given, your leaders are also working to build systems that handle the church’s finances with transparency, integrity, and accountability. Following are the current roles and responsibilities:
- The Financial Secretary keeps account of the pledges of givers of record. He provides quarterly statements to givers and regular reports to the Board.
- The weekly offering is counted and deposited by two-person teams.
- Church expenditures are approved in writing by the various Department Chairs, Staff, and Board Members responsible for the standard and designated budget lines.
- The Treasurer and Chair two authorized signators.
- The monthly bank statements are reviewed and balanced by another member of the Stewardship Department.
- Monthly timesheets are monitored by the Pastor. Payroll is handled through ADP services and called in by the Office Administrator.
If you have any questions or concerns about the financial processes of the church, please feel free to talk to the appropriate officer noted above, to Pastor Liliana, or to the Moderator.